- What level of record check do I need?
- What is a Criminal Record Check?
- What is a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check?
- What is a Vulnerable Sector Check?
- Why do I need to be fingerprinted?
- I am living in Guelph temporarily, can I apply here for a police record check?
- I don't need the check anymore, how do I get a refund?
- I have applied for the wrong level of record check, how can I update my request?
- What accessibility does this online system support?
- I asked for my check to be mailed, can I change that to pick-up?
- How long does it take to get a completed Record Check?
For assistance, please contact:
15 Wyndham Street South,
P: 519-824-1212 ext. 7321
GPS Online Police Record Check Application
Welcome to the online portal for police record checks offered by the Guelph Police Service (GPS). GPS offers the ability to apply online for three types of police record checks. Please refer to our FAQ for details regarding the three types of police record checks. If you are not sure what level is required, contact the agency requesting the police record check for clarification, as record checks are NON-REFUNDABLE. We accept online applications for employment, student placements, adoption and volunteer opportunities. We do not offer expedited checks for any reason.
To apply for an online police record check you must be a resident of Guelph. Temporary residents of Guelph can apply with proof of Guelph residency (i.e. lease agreement). Applicants must be 18 years or older. GPS still offers walk-in service.
Please note: for Level 3 police checks, if the RCMP requires fingerprints, applicants must attend to the Guelph Police Service station to be fingerprinted in order for the police record check to be completed. Please refer to our FAQ for more details.